The Philips Bodine B50 made even better
B50 upgrade offers AC output for T5 operation in a low-profile enclosure.
The popular Philips Bodine B50 Emergency Ballast has been upgraded to offer more options and greater flexibility to the lighting market. The B50 now provides AC output for one T5 or one T8 lamp, as well as DC output for one or two T8s. In addition, the size of the unit has been reduced, making it a better choice for low-profile designs. Maximum initial lumen output has also been increased.
|New B50||AC Output for one T5 or one T8; DC Output for one or two T8s||13.3” L x 2.2” W x 1.18” H||Up to 1600|
|Old B50||DC Output for one or two T8s||13.3” L x 2.4” W x 1.5” H||Up to 1400|
The B50 works in conjunction with an AC ballast to convert new or existing fluorescent fixtures into emergency lighting. When normal power is lost, the B50 senses the outage and immediately begins supplying power to the lamp(s). It will support the lamp(s) for up to 90 minutes.
In addition to fluorescent operation, the new B50 works with Philips InstantFit LED T8 retrofit lamps and LED retrofits from other manufacturers to provide emergency lighting. Please contact the Philips Bodine Sales Team at 800.223.5728 or Tech Support at email@example.com for more information on B50 compatibility.
- Supports the lamp load for a minimum of 90 minutes, in accordance with the NFPA® Life Safety Code®.
- Provides AC output for one T5 or T8; DC output for one or two T8s
- Low-profile design (13.3”L x 2.2"W x 1.18”H)
- Universal input (120-277 VAC, 50 or 60 Hz)
- Suitable for a wide range of input voltages and frequencies
- Compatible with most 17-215 W (2’ – 8’) T5 - T12 fluorescent linear lamps
- Compatible with Philips InstantFit LED T8 retrofit lamps and others
- Compatible with end-of-lamp-life circuitry
- UL Listed for the U.S. and Canada
Please note that as we ramp up production of the upgraded B50, we will be shipping the current B50 (2012) until stock is depleted.
For more information, please contact us at 800.223.5728.